Friday, August 6, 2010

Update on Wolf Boy

Okay. I just can't get this out of my head. Ever since my post on celebrity baby names http://jackedupnames.blogspot.com/2010/07/papa-paparazzi.html , one name in particular has been bouncing around my cerebellum [not that I can actually pronounce it, but you get the gist].
It has also been asked of me whether this name had a ethnic, cultural background.

Yes and No.

Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa

I can't stop thinking about this, so, I wanted to share what other nuggets of info I had dug up.

Do any of you guys remember The Cosby Show? Remember Lisa Bonet? She played Denise Huxtable and was actually a bit of a rebel in the show.
Well...girlfriend changed her name to Lilakoi Moon [not sure when or more importantly ...why!!]

Anyway, she used to be with Lenny Kravitz but now has two kiddies with...wait for it...Jason Momoa!!!!

Jason Momoa
Six kinds of yummy...
Though I give her some serious brownie points for choosing this Baby Daddy...all brownie points become null and void once her youngest son,  Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa, is named.

As Jason is Hawaiian, [eyes involuntarily  flick back to above picture...] the name is supposed to have some of these roots. However, amongst those who speak the language, there is some controversy as to what the name actually means and there are many who think Lisa, I mean, Lilakoi, just totally screwed up the kids name.

Wolf boy and Daddy
He is SOOO cute...
Baby's not bad either...


Okay, so here is what his name is supposed to mean:-
Nakoa (warrior) because he was born on the stormiest, rainy night,
Mana (strength/spirit),
Kaua (rain) and
po (dark).
Namakaeha is Jason's name [sounds like a perfectly reasonable name, but I'm starting to become a little biased re the Momoa man..]
Wolf- We all know what a wolf is...or do we??


Baby Wolf
Baby Wolf

So...the next time I'm at the hospital and hear the joyous though, rambunctious sounds of someone about to pop one out, I will suggest the following names for their offspring:-

Lawe la Waho Keia Manaw

OeKaukeia Ma'ane'i  Maimaupaa'u Hona hou

Lawe-take
la-it
Waho-out
Keia Manaw-now

Oe-you
Kau-put
Keia-this
Ma'ane'i-here
Mai-Don't
Mau-ever
pa-touch
a'u-me
Hona hou-again

Mikomiko- Delicious [this will be used later..You will see...]




Lisa, I mean, Lilakoi looking somewhat perplexed by
 all the baby name fuss.


And just in case you've forgotten who Jason Momoa is...
Well Mahalo to you too, Mr. Mikomiko!!

No comments:

Post a Comment